What is Mechanism Design?
Mechanism Design is the name given to a system, component, or process development process to meet the desired needs. Mechanical Designers create machines, products and new technologies. This process is supported by CAD software. Mechanical designers need to be familiar with production, quality and standards, depending on the industry and products in which they are designed. Information such as simple limit tolerance techniques or geometric sizing and tolerance (GD&T) may be required.
About Mechanism Design
Some of the largest industries using mechanical design are industries such as aerospace and automotive. The product, which needs continuous mechanical design and development, is successful in industrial design but cannot support the necessary criteria in mechanical design, it is only visually effective. At the same time, it is the study of reflecting the pre-planned scenarios to the product in order for the product to go through the production method, operating logic, assembly conditions, possible tests and verifications. Mechanical design contains the most basic dynamics of mechanical engineering. It is the subject of interdisciplinary study, which includes force, material, machine elements, mechanism technique, kinematics and sciences. During mechanical design, simulation and analysis studies are carried out to predict problems without production. This work is called “virtual prototyping”. Under what conditions the product/system will work in the simulation program prepared as a scenario and virtual testing is run. According to the results, the design is passed through the necessary revisions.
Advantages of Mechanism Design
- With good material knowledge, mechanism technique knowledge, the design of moving, interconnected and working systems can be easily designed.
- Mechanism design is easy as long as the production method is known.
- Simulation and kinematic analysis of the design of the design under real conditions, the performance of the computer can be examined and necessary revisions can be made quickly.
- In addition, there is a chance to examine the mechanism design, the load it will be exposed to during its working life and the necessary efforts in a computer environment.
- The advantage of working with different types of materials.