What is Optical Scan?
The systems that we call optical scan in 3D scanning devices are also referred to as white light scanner systems. However, with the technology developing recently, light sources working with different colors and different technologies are preferred instead of white light. For example; white, blue red and green light technology is used.
How to do?
If we look at the working technology, the light source lowers light on the part surface, while a system in the projection causes grid-shaped shadows to fall in front of the light source, while the camera quickly captures more than 1 image. The resulting images are digitized with image processing technology and millions of points are obtained. Approximate dots are obtained by the number of pixels of the camera you are using. The color and technology of the coloured light source used changes the repercussions on the part surface and less affected by the external light source.
Advantages of Optical Scan
- The part and system can be moved during the project
- According to its configuration, the highest resolution data can be obtained by this method
- Parts of the size of the part several mm to meters in size can be scanned with the same system
- Scan sensitivities are very high
- Working conditions are flexible
- The obtained data can be used in Reverse Engineering and Quality Control.